And are wrong. These are the things you should be aware of before you start with the chemo. So in case chemo is your problem, you should read this article.
- You do not necessarily lose your hair when undergoing chemotherapy. Well, back then, when the chemo was introduced it was true, but now, it does not have to happen to everyone. And it does not depend on the type of the cancer you have, but on the type of the formulas used.
- Chemo can mean taking pills. Yes, although you probably think that chemo equals sitting in a hospital. The truth is, it does not.
- Chemo does not have to cause that you lose weight. It can be otherwise. Gaining weight is very common for patients who are on chemotherapy.
- You will not be stuck in bed. Actually, you should do some exercises during chemo. But before you make this decision discuss it with your doctor.
- Getting chemo does not hurt. You should not believe when someone says that getting chemo hurts. It does not.
To conclude, you need to understand that chemo has different effects on each person. While some may experience pain or other side effects, others may not experience any discomfort.